Looking for a solution to know how to import OST file into Office 365 exchange online. To resolve this problem We have given the manual and automated solution to upload OST to Office 365. Read this post to migrate OST file data to Office 365 in a safe and reliable way.
Do You Know How to Import OST File into Office 365 – Here’s the Solution!
Microsoft Office 365 is one of the most frequently used cloud-based platform. It includes MS Office and other services such as email and collaboration. There are different factors such as features, performance, services etc. that makes Office 365 the first choice of the organizations as well as home users. Sometimes, the user needs to import OST file into Office 365. Now, the question arises, it is possible to import OST file into Office 365? Let us find out the appropriate answer to this question. Also, in this blog, we are going to discuss how to import OST file into Office 365 in a hassle-free way.
Can I Migrate OST File to Office 365
However, there is no direct manual method to move OST file into Office 365. But, the user can import OST file into Microsoft Office 365 with the help of an indirect method. For this, the user has to convert OST files into PST file format and then import PST files into Office 365. Additionally, the user can also for an automated method to upload OST to Office 365 account.
Know How to Import OST File into Office 365 By Using The Manual Methods
In this section, we are going to introduce two different methods using which the user can move OST file to Office 365.
- Convert OST File to PST and Upload to Office 365
- Import OST File into Office 365 directly
Method 1: Convert and Upload
Now to import Outlook OST to Office 365, this method is divided into two steps. First, the user has to convert OST file into PST file format and then upload it to Office 365.
Step 1: Convert OST File into PST File Format
- First, open Outlook > File > Import and Export
- Now, select Export to a file and click on Next
- Select Personal Folder File (.pst) option and click on Next
- After that, select email or folder and also check Include Subfolder option
- Click Next and browse the location where you want to save the converted file
- Finally, click on the OK button
Note: This method will not work if the user is not connected to Microsoft Exchange Server or if the Exchange Server is Offline.
Step 2: Upload the PST File to Office 365
To upload PST file to Office 365 the user can opt for different methods such as:
- Using Azure AzCopy
- Drive Shipping to Microsoft
Using Azure AzCopy
- Download and install Azure AzCopy
- Copy the SAS URL (Shared Access Signature will provide the required permission to move the PST to Azure)
- Now, upload the PST files to Office 365
- After that, you need to create the PST mapping (CSV) file
- Next, create an import job in Office 365 to import PST file
- Finally, filter the data as per your choice and begin the PST import job
Drive Shipping Method
The Drive Shipping to Microsoft allows the user to import PST files to Office 365. The user just has to copy the PST files to hard disk drive. After that, the user has to send that drive to Microsoft. Now, Microsoft will copy data from the disk drive to the cloud.
Limitations of Manual Method to Upload OST to Office 365
Note: There are some shortcomings associated with the manual approach to import Outlook OST to Office 365. The manual method is time-consuming and the user must have the technical knowledge to implement the steps correctly. Additionally, uploading large-sized PST file consumes a lot of time. Thus, to eliminate the drawbacks and avoid any data loss situation it is recommended to switch to Method 2.
Method 2: Expert Solution to Know to How to Import OST File into Office 365
The user can make use of an automated and instant method that is SysTools OST to PST Converter to import OST file into Office 365. The software allows the user to export OST file into PST/Office 365/EML/MSG etc. Moreover, the tool is also capable to decrypt and eliminate S/MIME and OpenPGP encryption from the OST emails. The user can import OST files including emails, calendars, contacts, tasks etc. into Office 365 account. To import OST file into Office 365 the user has to follow the step by step process explained below.
- First, download and install SysTools OST to PST Converter on your system and launch it
- Click on the Add File option to add the OST file
- Now, you will see two options Select File and Search File. Select any of the options as per your choice
- After that, you can also select Decrypt Emails option by clicking on the checkbox next to Remove Encryption. The tool supports SMIME and OpenPGP Outlook email encryptions in OST file
- For scanning OST file, you can select Quick Scan mode or Advance Mode
- After that, click on the Add button. The software will begin the scanning process
- Now, you will be able to see OST file data on the software dashboard
- Click on the Export button to move all the OST files
- In the Export options, you need to select Office 365 option
- In the Advanced Settings, you can apply the date filter to move OST files according to a specific date range
- Now, in the User Validation section, you have to enter the Username and Password of Office 365 account and then click on the Validate button
- You can also check Maintain Folder Hierarchy option and Don’t Export Empty Folders option
- Finally, click on the Export button to import OST files into Office 365 account
- To access OST files open your Office 365 account.
Sometimes, the user needs how to import OST file into Office 365 and then he/she is not able to find a quick and reliable solution. Thus, to help out all the users, we have introduced different methods to move OST file into Office 365. However, it is recommended to opt for an automated method to avoid data loss issues while migrating OST file into Office 365.